Monday, March 17

MEAT IS MEAT:
Why do men think that only beef is meat?

I am not embarking on some random male-bashing discourse. I am basing my observations on empirical evidence gleaned from my male friends and my friends' male friends, and this is what they tell me: chicken and turkey = not meat. Fish = never meat. Cold cuts = definitely not meat. Pork = meat sometimes. Ham and bacon = always meat. Of course, steak and burgers = MEAT. Steak strips on top of a salad = not meat anymore.

Does that mean you can eat chicken, turkey, sushi, fish, lobster, and a tuna sandwich, and still call yourself a vegetarian?
I'm sure AMP will have something to say about that . . .

DO NOT BE AFRAID OF THE POUF:
Why are men afraid to use a bath pouf and liquid body wash? What's with the mangy bar of soap (with which they wash hair, face and body)?

According to a conversation on the Z-Morning Zoo this morning, there are apparent hazards for men using the bath pouf (slow down the scrubbing when you get near the family jewels). But what's wrong with a gentle loofah? Gentlemen, do not be afraid of the pouf.

And the liquid body washes come in such lovely scents: strawberry, jasmine, green tea, mint, lavender, kiwi . . .okay, perhaps that isn't the best way to sell men on body wash. But using one or the other, or both, will not turn you into a woman. I promise.

EATING NON-MEAT:
If you are a fan of sushi and Japanese food, and an even bigger fan of the buffet, take a hike over to New Jersey or Long Island and check out Minado's monstrous buffet. My friend J has just joined the franchise started by his college pals, and I must support him in his new venture wholeheartedly. Even if I explode in the process.

No comments: