Friday, May 23

HELLO??? IS IT ME YOU'RE LOOKING FOR??? . . .

There are very few singers/bands/musicians/vocalists who can move me to tears and shivers, no matter what they sing: Luther Vandross . . . Whitney Houston . . . Stevie Nicks . . . Billy Joel . . . Dave Matthews . . . Heart . . . Alanis Morissette (don't laugh) . . . Lauryn Hill . . . Marvin Gaye . . . Ella Fitzgerald.

Now I have a new addition to the slowly growing list: CHRISTOPHER RUBEN STUDDARD.

Yes, I'm talking about your new American Idol, Ruuuuuuuu-ben. Don't you snort and scoff in disbelief until you've seen his sheepish grin, observed his genteel Southern charm, watched him pour his heart and soul into each performance, and heard his thick, velvety voice drip over you like warm molasses. He lights a fire in my belly and puts a stupid smile on my face every time. I might just have to succumb to the national frenzy, become a voracious consumer easily influenced by American trends, and pick up his album when it drops . . .

Continuing on the topic of entertainment . . . this morning, Z100's Z-Morning Zoo chatted with Seth Green -- he of "Buffy, the Vampire Slayer", the "Scream" movies, and "The Italian Job" (opening May 30th) fame.

I love Seth Green. He is one of the few actors/actresses to whom I am loyal enough that I will watch (or seriously consider watching) anything they appear in.

He joins the ranks of: Julia Roberts . . . John Cusack . . . Edward Norton . . . Ben Stiller . . . Samuel L. Jackson . . . Steve Martin . . . Jeremy Northam . . . Colin Firth . . . Parker Posey . . . Vince Vaughn . . . Nicole Kidman . . . Susan Sarandon . . . Kevin Spacey.

The best part of Seth Green's interview this morning: he had low, sleepy morning voice. Yummy.

No comments: