Tuesday, June 17

I'M PISSY TODAY . . . READ AT YOUR OWN RISK . . .

There's a dude on top of the Tappan Zee Bridge this morning, chatting with some rescuers and negotiators. They closed the bridge in both directions for hours, and only just opened up one Westchester-bound lane. How pissed are the drivers? How maniacal is this dude? How annoyed are the negotiators? What an ass. I have no capacity for sympathy for anyone this morning. If he's going to kill himself, he just should've done it, without making everyone else's life harder than necessary. If he's not, he shouldn't have climbed up there in the first place. Get down, you jerk.

***
See, I told you I was pissy. No mercy, my friends, no mercy.
***

My clerkship ends in exactly one year, two months, and thirteen days. What the f*ck am I going to do afterwards? I have zero passion for working in the private sector -- not only will they make my life miserable, but I'm pretty sure I will muck up something there too. I have every passion for working in the public sector, but already, one agency doesn't want me because I can't solve 29 math problems in 20 minutes on their inane little test. (See? Pissy.) And who's hiring anyway, in this economy? In boom times, I'd be a hot piece of federal-clerkship-finishing-attorney. This year, I'm chicken liver. Actually, not even. I'm the preservative they add to chicken liver that they feed to cats. Mangy cats festering in your local animal shelter. Sigh. Where's my rich sugar daddy?

***
Pissy, pissy, pissy.
***

Boys suck. I just thought I'd throw that in there because it's a nice bonus addition to my general pissiness.

***
So pissy.
***

Do you ever feel like everyone around you is changing, and you're not, for better or for worse? It's not such a bad feeling when you feel that you're changing for the better: you're growing up, you're moving onto a new job, you're in a great new relationship, you got a promotion, you're getting physically fit and healthy, etc. The feeling is a little different when others are changing for the better, and your own myopic vision prevents you from seeing your own potential for positive change too. I just need the scales to fall from my eyes . . .

***
Blah blah blah, pissy!
***

OK, now I think it's kind of funny how pissy I'm being. I'm such a baby!

***
But, still pissy.
***

AND I have my period. WATCH OUT.

No comments: