Friday, July 11

FRIDAY FIVE . . .

I'm on time today! Here we go . . .

1. Do you remember your first best friend? Who was it? Yes. Her name was Caroline, and we would: pretend to be British and speak with affected accents; choreograph elaborate dance routines to "Beat It;" stand on stools at the sink and do all the dishes from our parents' dinner parties; beg and cry and stomp our feet until our parents let us sleep over at each other's houses; fall asleep curled up at opposite ends of a twin bed while making grand plans for our joint catering/law/ophthalmology practice. Don't ask.

2. Are you still in touch with this person? Sadly, only occasionally.

3. Do you have a current close friend? A few.

4. How did you become friends with this person? college, church and work. Initial bonding almost always occurred around food. Once we digested and awoke from food coma, wonderful friendships were born . . .

5. Is there a friend from your past that you wish you were still in contact with? Why? Not really. Everyone that's in my life right now belongs there. It's not that I wouldn't make room for other people in my heart, but I don't feel like anyone's missing. Everything is as it should be and I'm quite satisfied with the lovelies in my life today . . .

No comments: