Friday, July 18

TIMES OF REFRESHING . . .

*yawn*
It's a good-tired this morning, as it is every Friday morning after an evening of chatting, eating, laughing, crying and ultimately praying with my Thursday night crew. We haven't met and really done anything other than hang out and eat potato chips and waste time in a really long while (at least since before J2 got married), so it was simply lovely . . .

(Unfortunately, I awoke with more sheep bloat, due to the massive amount of Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Blast ice cream I inhaled. Baa.)

Nevertheless, I am utterly refreshed this morning. There is something ridiculously special about being supported by Christian friends, being prayed for, and praying for them, that does a lot to revive the soul. A swift kick in the butt to not be spiritually lazy, a proffered Kleenex to wipe away tears of sadness and frustration, a healthy and hysterical laugh at a preposterous this-only-happens-to-other-people story. I could spend days with these people and never get bored or discouraged. So I'm sleepy as all heck, but I shall doze off after lunch with a content grin framing my drooling little mouth . . .

Tangent #1: There is a sweet new Volvo S80 sedan, Ruby Red Metallic, sitting in the courthouse's secure garage. It is NICE. I covet it.

Tangent #2: This morning, Hooch read to me a headline about FBI moles being planted in white-supremacist groups. And it occurred to me -- I want to be an FBI mole. I'd be really good at it. I'd do everything the FBI told me to do, and I wouldn't eat that much or cost that much to maintain. And I'd be fun! C'mon, gimme a chance . . .

No comments: