Monday, September 8

Maybe I DO have a problem keeping time . . . it's Monday, and that means, of course, that here's my Friday Five. Deep, heavy sigh.

1. What housekeeping chore(s) do you hate doing the most? I detest cleaning the bathroom and cleaning/sweeping/mopping/Swiffering the floors. I will do ANYTHING else, but those tasks. In fact, I'd rather live with a DISGUSTING bathroom than clean it. I am such a pig.

2. Are there any that you like or don't mind doing? I LOVE LOVE LOVE washing dishes. Absolutely LOVE it. In fact, I don't think I'd mind even doing it for a living. There is no better feeling than warm-to-hot water running over your hands and arms, lifting caked-on baked-on muck off of dirty plates, and rinsing them clean to have them emerge sparkling and new. LOVE IT.

3. Do you have a routine throughout the week or just clean as it's needed? Clean as needed. When I was out on my own, I had to have a routine. Otherwise, I would just turn a blind eye to the mess and nothing would ever get cleaned or put back in its rightful place. Now that I'm at home and there are three other bodies contributing to the clean-up effort, I've lazed out a bit. Still, about once a month, I descend into a frenzy, and detail my room. Then I take a nap.

4. Do you have any odd cleaning/housekeeping quirks or rules? Quirks? None. Rules? No shoes in the house. Is that really a clean thing or a tradition thing? Who knows . . .

5. What was the last thing you cleaned? My desk. You still can't see most of it, but I have just enough room for my laptop, and that's all I really need.

No comments: