Wednesday, October 15

LITTLE BITES . . .

China sent a man into space today. Good on them!

***

I love NPR news in the morning. I especially love when they report the latest sports headlines and stories, with the same gravitas they reserve for stories about the occupation of Iraq or the plight of women in ancient African tribes. "An unruly Cubs fan reached out in the vain but everlasting hope of obtaining a souvenir for his efforts in attending Game Six of the National League Championship Series." Cue sound clip of cheering, then booing, crowd. Funny.

***

Tonight's episode of The West Wing involves a North Korean pianist who performs at the White House, then slips the President a note saying he wants to defect. You know I have to watch THAT business . . .

***

B-May and Mighty Girl got married over the weekend. I have no idea who they really are -- I just came upon their blogs about a year and-a-half ago, and have been faithfully reading ever since. I feel like they are my friends. So, in that vein . . . congratulations, you two!

***

A small side item from The New York Times about a particular Korean immigrant . . .

No comments: