Tuesday, October 14

FAIR TRADE? . . .

Something I never thought would happen in a million years -- no, make that a trillion years -- is going to happen this Saturday. (I suspect that the parties involved will never speak to me again upon discovering that I have shared this information with the entire blog-reading world, but I proceed forth anyway.)

C and JC -- two self-proclaimed manly men from NHF, both dear friends of mine and both long-standing and vehement pooh-pooh-ers of me and my gal pals' spa-going activities -- are joining myself, Mrs.G, Nan and perhaps some other ladies for a DAY SPA OUTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Granted, the most even exchange we could come up with for this torture about to be exacted upon them was for me to play an hour's worth of football with the guys after church one fall Sunday afternoon. They agreed to this knowing full well that I am afraid of the football, terrified of having an eye poked out by one of the football's ends, apprehensive about being gratuitously body-slammed by either one of them, and will run away at full speed from an oncoming football. The best part is, afterwards, I could probably even sucker one of them into paying for another massage for my football-abused body!!!

They are such chuckleheads! All I have to do is run around on the field like a crazy person and pretend to know what I'm doing, while C and JC must suffer the indignity of shuffling around a Japanese Zen-like day spa in slippers and a fluffy robe, whispering and drinking little glasses of lemon-tinged water and munching on dried fruits and nuts. Little they know I actually have the raw end of the deal. I can hear it now: "ChaEsq, I never knew it could be so exquisite! Why didn't you convince me to get a massage before? Take me again!"

Yeah, yeah, I told you so.

***

YOU OWE ME . . .

Soriano. Matsui. Giambi. Williams.

You guys owe me. You owe me big. You have been pretty lame-o the past few weeks. You've been NOT hitting home runs. You've been falling asleep and wondering what to have for dinner while hanging out on the field. Quit it. You owe me, and you better deliver tonight.

Or else I'm going to have to come and spank you. >=P

***

WHOLE AGAIN . . .

The Chief is back from his long medical absence. He is weak and for now, just putting in part-time work days, as he should. It will be slow-going for him, for a while, and we will have to do everything possible to still run interference for him so that he can continue a good recovery and get back into the swing of things gradually. But the important thing is that we are whole again, back in business, a complete chambers. Praise God!

No comments: