Thursday, November 6

SHE SPEAKS TOO SOON . . .

Grrrrrr.

This always happens! I get excited about something and the plans get derailed ...

Home-owning plans are going to be delayed about 5-6 months. Family stuff, parents' business stuff, mom's medical stuff, et al. coming our way and I was JUST told about it.

I suppose this is good -- more time to save more money. Sure, the interest rates will probably skyrocket between now and then, and I'll probably end up moving in the middle of some weird spring snowstorm (thanks in advance and I promise hot pizza to all the NHF guys!) but at least I'll have more money to blow on the downpayment.

But I SURE was looking forward to getting out on my own again. There's something not quite so charming about being a 28-year old attorney and sleeping in the same bed that cradled my 7th-grade brace-faced self. AND, I want to maximize -- if I'm only guaranteed at my current job until August 2005, I want to maximize my time on my own as much as possible! Dig?

Grrrrrr.

No comments: