Thursday, February 26

SIGH . . .

(Incidentally, my bedtime came and went hours ago, so I feel like it's not even worth going to sleep now. We just spent hours at PEK's place, lounging about like we were back in college, talking about the retreat this weekend, bowel movements -- always bowel movements!, people at NHF, our new sound equipment, upcoming plans for NHF, how tasty strawberries are, what nationality we would be if we could be anything other than what we are -- I chose a Spaniard living in Spain, and then JWu mentioned the anal sphincter and the conversation finally ended at 1:40a.m..)

I gave up pasta for Lent. This is proving harder than giving up beef last year. For one thing, I LOVE LOVE LOVE pasta. I often don't even care what form it takes: if it's carbohydrated, cooked al dente, and flavored somewhat and somehow, I'll eat it. Italian pasta, Japanese soba noodles, Korean ramen noodles, deli macaroni salad. I gave it all up. No perfect macaroni-n'-cheese from Good to Go, no japchae at Granduncle's 70th birthday dinner, no late-night ramen cookout with my friends, none of JKA's perfectly spicy ziti. For another thing, JKA brought her famously delicious pasta to PEK's place tonight. Tested already and it was only the first night of the Lenten season! Argh!

Forty days and forty nights ... given what Christ suffered in His short life, surely I can go forty days and forty nights without my beloved pasta, right? RIGHT?!?!

No comments: