Monday, March 15

THE DASTARDLY NOODLE UPDATE . . .

The thought just occurred to me: if I am abstaining from pasta and noodle products for the length of Lent, does that mean I can't play with M&C's Noodles either?

I came home this evening and opened up the fridge to put away some of the groceries I had just purchased. Damned if the plastic Ziploc bag FULL OF PASTA left over from the Gs' shower doesn't FALL OUT and LAND ON MY FOOT.

STOP TAUNTING MEEEEEEE!!!!!!

***

SPEAKING OF . . .

... groceries.

Starting tomorrow, I am going to brown-bag as many lunches as I possibly can. At some point, I am going to be oozing sandwiches and mini-pretzels out of my pores, but hopefully by then, Lent will be over and I can bring my beloved Kraft macaroni n' cheese with onions and peas and cracked black pepper to work instead of turkey, prosciutto, Muenster, baby spinach and mustard on a toasted roll.

And then I will be rich! Riiiiight.

***

BUT THE WORST PART IS . . .

... as I asked my fellow Dwarves for prayer two Thursdays ago, so that I will be disciplined with my finances with an eye towards the future, Jaime posed the cruel and inhumane question:

"Does this mean no more spas and massages for you?"

Like a dagger through the heart, Jaime. Like a dagger through the heart.

No comments: