Thursday, June 24

THIS N' THAT . . .

It's been a long time since I've had a Thursday night at home. Reminds me that even though it's the summer television season, there's still some quality programming available for consumption: "CSI" and "Without a Trace." I love these shows.

***

My place is slowly coming together. The larger furniture pieces have yet to arrive, but my new laundry basket from BedBath&Beyond is serving me well, the sugar, flour and brown sugar canisters sitting on my counter are chock full, and a bright red runner adorns the front entryway, protecting the carpet from muckety-muck. I almost like the bare hugeness of my living room, the ability to plop in Cheech's beanbag to be on perfect eye level with the TV which is currently also sitting on the floor, the opportunity to lay on the floor and stare at the ceiling if I want. The little things that might be taken away when the big things arrive ...

***

I love drugstore.com.

***

Question: do I buy a bicycle or a KitchenAid stand mixer?

Supplemental Question A: If I buy a bicycle, do I buy a mountain bike or a hybrid?
Supplemental Question B: How much should my ideal color choice matter when buying a bike? (No answer necessary. I think I already know the answer.)
Supplemental Question C: If I buy a bike, will I actually ride it?
Supplemental Question D: If I only ride my bike on relatively flat terrain, does that still constitute cardiovascular exercise?

Supplemental Question E: If I buy a KitchenAid stand mixer, do I get the 6-quart Professional, the 5-quart Professional, or the 5-quart Artisan?
Supplemental Question F: Should I get a particular mixer because it comes with a plastic pour shield?
Supplemental Question G: Should I get a particular mixer because its head tilts back for easy access to the bowl?
Supplemental Question H: Should I get it in Red, Imperial Grey, Imperial Black, or Pink?

You would think I'd have other, more pressing issues, but as I am in denial about the wretched state of the world ... no, I don't have other, more pressing issues. But I'd still like to reform the New York City public school system.

Also, it's been too long since I've baked, and I need to get my kitchen humming again ... roll out those cookies and cakes once more!

No comments: