Tuesday, September 28

MY BOY . . .

Conan is taking over "The Tonight Show" in 2009!!! I am so proud of him; I feel like my own son has hit the Really Really Big Time, and I am the glowing, ecstatic mama.

I started watching Conan at the very beginning, when he was running on 6-week extensions. He was SO awkward, SO bad, SO cheesy. But ... I was strangely drawn to his freakish read hair (that continues to flop around randomly to this day because he has apparently failed to discover hair gel), bizarre contortionist face and self-deprecating stupid humor. Luckily, his hair and face have stayed the same, and the stupid humor has gotten even stupider, and I am more than happy to brace my eyelids open at 12:30 in the morning to at least catch his opening monologue ...

After all of his ups and downs with NBC, he's finally getting The Prime Late Night Time Slot. WAHOO! My boy's all grown up ... (and I don't have to stay up so late to watch him in five years) ...

***

TITTLE BIT NIPPLY . . .

It's just a nipple, people. CBS now wants to BILL Janet Jackson for their $550,000 fine, stemming from The Almighty Super Bowl Nipple Incident.

For crying out loud ... IT'S JUST A NIPPLE.

I just don't get the hubbub. On any given day, I can see decomposed decapitated human heads, people eating maggots out of bowls, graphic plastic surgery depictions, shows entitled "WifeSwap," all manner of lovers exchanging bodily fluids, all manner of weapons being shot off, car crashes, plane crashes, amputations, bleeding, dying, maiming, pole-dancing, and other forms of simulated sex. And that's just on television! Have you SEEN what's on the Internet?

One exposed nipple is the LEAST of our problems.

Besides. Justin Timberlake is the one who exposed it.

***

BACK IN THE FOLD . . .

This past weekend, I made two -- count 'em, TWO -- clean and unbroken bundt cakes. As a result, my bundt cake pan is back in the family fold and I have decided I can love it again.

AND I used my Empire Red KitchenAid Artisan Mixer. I LOVE IT.

No comments: