Wednesday, September 22

WILY, I AM . .

I love when I think I'm all crafty and clever and creative ... and I am!

***

MERLOT ME . . .

I haven't had an alcoholic drink in a long time. The combination of leaving the stressful school environment (oh my God, was it really three years ago already?!), living with my parents and wanting to take care of THEM instead of having them take care of ME, and just generally feeling foolish drinking alone now that I'm out on my own has led me to not even have a drink with dinner, or an after-work beer at home.

But tonight ... after the couple of weeks I've had, after the ear-piercing, up-and-down, tension-filled grumpy day I've had ... the red wine had to be busted out.

Cheers to me!

***

UNFAIR . . .

I hate realizing that not everyone in this world starts out on the same footing. Children grow up in poverty, without opportunity, with selfish and unknowing parents, with caregivers who don't give care, with adults around them who act like children, having open doors slammed in their faces at every turn.

It's just not fair. It's just not right.

***

SATISFACTION . . .

The non-responder has responded. My agita is calmed.

***

IT AIN'T SHEEPSKIN, BUT . . .

I think I found The Perfect Gifts for the Noodles. I thought I had done pretty well for the Alien -- kids don't have simple but enjoyable toys like those anymore -- but I think I did pretty well for the Noodles too. Just think FUZZY. Hee, hee.

***

I NEED IT NOW . . .

I couldn't make my Very Important Massage on Saturday because ... well, because of the Very Important Baseball Game. A very very small part of me is regretting it now, though. My body is one big knot. Actually, check that. My body is now comprised of a series of small to medium, very hard, very knotted knots. As knotty as knots can get. Yoga and stretching has not alleviated my pain. Mr. Potato Head hasn't helped. Argh.

No comments: