Wednesday, January 12

BILLY AND THE SUPREMES . . .

I'm a nerd, but this truly is the kind of stuff that gets my juices flowing and makes me lick my chops in anticipation.

Today was a big day for Billy and the Supremes, and the biggest decision of all finally came down on the Blakely matter. I'm still parsing through it because no one up there writes totally coherently, but if you're also interested in the most recent antics of the Great Halls of Justice, a/k/a the Supreme Court of the United States, check out SCOTUS Blog and gaze upon the wonders of federal Sentencing Guidelines and new immigration laws that allow the U.S. government to detain illegal non-citizens for up to six months (or more!) if "reasonably necessary."

I love the unequivocally equivocating language. God bless the law!

No comments: