Tuesday, March 15

SNOOPY . . .

I just read this book, "Blowing My Cover: My Life as a CIA Spy," by Lindsay Moran. Everything about this book crushed any fantastical dreams I might have possessed of becoming a CIA agent myself, from the application process to the training to the faux-hostage situations to the bureaucracy to the overseas assignments to the rigid leadership to the myopic global vision to the utter lack of a personal life or human autonomy.

And I wondered, as I read Ms. Moran's in-depth discussions of intra-Agency happenings, whether she had obtained permission to write everything she wrote, or whether she would be strangely 'eliminated' upon the widespread publication of her just-released book. I have my answer now ... as well as a list of more books to read about this Agency that I will never join but will enjoy reading about ...

No comments: