Friday, June 3

AIN'T NO THANG . . .

I realized today that for someone who has a lot of inhibitions, I don't have many inhibitions, or at least not of the external kind.

Case in point: I pooed at Whole Foods Market today, after asking some WFM employees to watch my cart for me. Didn't even care that there were other women in the bathroom. Just strolled right into a stall, shucked my undies and pooed. And damn, it felt good.

Five years ago, I never would have done that.

Ten years ago, I never would have done that in a bathroom full of people, even strangers.

Fifteen years ago, I never would have had the nerve to even open my mouth to ask the employees to watch my shopping cart.

I shudder to think what I'll be like twenty years from NOW.

(Incidentally, I am enough of a nerd that when I was sitting in the stall -- very briefly, for I'm efficient that way, unless something is very very wrong -- I thought to myself, "This is too funny. I'm pooing in a Whole Foods. I have to tell someone. Nah, I'll just blog about it.")

No comments: