Thursday, June 2

I BEEN HIT . . .

"Hit Me, Baby, One More Time" premieres tonight at 9:00 p.m. on NBC. I believe Tiffany, Flock of Seagulls and Loverboy are on the block tonight. Coming soon ... WANG CHUNG.

Last night, I learned that Wang Chung got its name from the alleged noise made by a strum of a guitar: wang-CHUNG. Whatever.

Everybody wang chung tonight.

***

STILL LOST . . .

They are re-running "Lost" this summer. Last night was the first episode, the first hour of the two-hour pilot. I am going to tape every single re-run, then watch each episode, then watch each episode again in slow-motion, then take notes of every thing that jumps out at me (literally or not), then cross-check everything I note against every theory bouncing around out there on the ABC messages boards (not that I read them or anything).

I am officially obsessed and I'm not ashamed of it and until they develop a 12-step program for Losties like me, I'm not letting go of it because it's not a problem and I'm not in denial.

***

TICK, TOCK . . .

I'm so impatient, I can't stand the anticipation and the unspoken words and the small intakes of breath before a question that isn't asked and the jump across the not-so-dangerous chasm that isn't taken and the idle conversation that replaces the words that really need to be said and the coffee that could have been drunk but wasn't for no good reason and the standing around like it's high school all over again and I'm hanging out in the middle of the street on a summer night after finals are over but before graduation ceremonies just enjoying the stars and the chats and the laughter and the touch that is going to be ignored.

No comments: