Friday, June 24

GET THIS PITH OUT OF MY TEETH . . .

So, there was an article in The New York Times this morning reporting that Connecticut Governor Rell is authorizing state troopers to assist Hartford's police force in stemming the increasing tide of shootings in that not-so-illustrious city, the very same city in which Teams All-In, East/West and Cesar Salad with Chicken faced their athletic demons. Naturally, I had to inform my compatriots of the real character of the city we conquered, and here, displaying the true wit and self-deprecation I've come to love about these men, are some of their insightful responses:

"Dodging bullets probably would've helped me improve my time."

"Hearing gunshots would've made us run/bike/row a little faster."

"I guess that's why there is no night-time adventure racing in Hartford."

No comments: