Friday, July 15

YIN AND YANG . . .

What a topsy-turvy day and evening. Never have I been and felt so encouraged by loved ones, those unafraid to speak truth to me, willing to love me regardless of myself, and generous with themselves unto me ... and never have I been so insulted by loved ones, whose words and actions shake my faith in their affection for me, and arouse such righteous anger in my heart of hearts. Two sets of tears today, for very different reasons ...

***

DISTRACTION . . .

Not the most exciting line of questioning ever to have existed on a Friday, but it spends a few minutes not dedicated to other more worthy pursuits ...

What is your favorite...

1. ...mode of transportation (plane, train or automobile)?
Good Girl.

2. ...airline? JetBlue, for the unlimited tasty treats and the bizarrely cheerful and kind staff. Really, what are they on?

3. ...rental car company? Errrr ... this question is too weird to answer.

4. ...hotel chain? The W Hotels. Yes, they're pretentious beyond belief and the BPs in every lobby creep me out, but the Aveda toiletries and cozy decor make me happy every time.

5. ...destination? I'm not a big fan of the beach for purposes of lying on it and having its sand and saltiness get all up in my business, but I do enjoy being in places where I can gaze upon the infinity of the ocean, ponder my smallness, and be thankful for His providence in giving me life on this vast planet. Cannon Beach in Oregon and Block Island, RI spring instantly to mind ...

No comments: