Sunday, October 2



Originally uploaded by chaesq.
It be done. American League East champions.

WORD.


***

20/20 . . .

I know it can't be helped. We are neither mind-readers nor ever fully able to be equipped to handle everything that comes our way. But it still baffles me to read headlines like "Security tightened after Bali suicide bombings", because ... well, because it has already happened.

Not that attacks can't happen again. Not that terrorists abide by some unspoken schedule: "suicide bombing attacks must occur at least three days apart." Not that lax security is ever a good or acceptable thing. But still ... the very base and emotional part of my humanity cries out, "IF ONLY THIS COULD HAVE BEEN PREVENTED!!!!"

***

MEMORY . . .

It makes me so sad that the mind's memory is so fragile. Things that occurred mere days ago, such wonderful, blissful, happy, humorous, intimate, growing, important things ... sights I saw mere days ago, such tender, special, meaningful, handsome sights ... words exchanged mere days ago, such significant, witty, deep, heartfelt, weighty words ... how can these things already be fading away from me? Is there no place that I can write these things down, etch them into tempered, unbreakable glass, inscribe them into quickly-drying cement, so that they will never be lost? Is there no way that I can take the film from my mind's camera and develop it into a 8.5" x 11" matte print to frame and gaze upon for all of my days?

***

LA-LA LAND . . .

Another beautiful dream, played out exactly the way I would have wanted it to in waking life. 'Twill never happen, but ... dare to dream.

No comments: