Tuesday, December 6

AGAIN . . .

I must have done a gazillion of these. What's one more? Thanks, Sun.

1. Legal first name? I ain't telling. This is the crazy Internet, y'all!

2. Were you named after anyone? Yes, and I'm still getting over it.

3. Do you wish on falling stars? No, but when I see them, I am moved to tears.

4. When did you last cry? Last night, feeling the hurt and bearing the pain of a good friend.

5. What is your favorite lunch meat? Ew, the idea of loving just one lunch meat sort of grosses me out, but the combination on an Italian combo hero, with the works, is awfully tasty.

6. What is your birth date? Halloween, baby! (Bring it. I've heard all the jokes; you can't possibly have a new one.)

7. What is your most embarrassing CD? Sigh. I knew this moment would come. So few know about my ownership of this CD, and now all of you will know. Ugh. Hanson. The first album. Yes, the one with "MmmmmBop" on it.

8. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you? Heck, yes.

9. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Heck, yes.

10. What are your nicknames? Cha, Cha-Cha, Cat (used by only one friend).

11. Would you bungee jump? In a heartbeat.

12. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? No.

13. Do you think that you are strong? Yes, in different ways, in different circumstances.

14. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Coffee.

15. Shoe size? 5 1/2 in dress shoes, 6 in everything else.

16. Red or pink? Definitely red.

17. Who do you miss most? Sun. Leaving my sister is like having a limb ripped off with no tourniquet at hand.

18. What color pants and shoes are you wearing? Blue Adidas fleece track pants; Asics trail runners in varying shades of blue.

19. What are you listening to right now? Carson Kressly's voice on the newest episode of "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy."

20. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Brick red.

21. What is the weather like right now? Pretty damn cold. And I mean REAL cold, not like Los Angeles 65-degrees-and-balmy cold. Ha-ha!

22. Last person you talked to on the phone? Appa.

23. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex? His eyes, and how he carries himself.

24. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Very much!

25. Favorite drink? Room temperature water, coffee or a Black Russian with Grey Goose.

26. Hair color? Dark brown, with some lighter brown and a tinge of white mixed in.

27. Do you wear contacts? Yes, and they're awfully dry and sticky right now.

28. Favorite food? I can't decide between Korean, Thai and Italian.

29. Last movie you watched? "The Italian Job." ("Bowling for Columbine" is next on the line-up.)

30. Favorite day of the year? Thanksgiving. It just says everything. And the first warm day of the spring or early summer that I can spend outdoors without being chilled to the bone, when my face is warmed by the sun, and I return home all invigorated.

31. Scary movies or happy endings? Oh, definitely happy endings, but it can't be too trite and contrived or else the whole movie is just ruined, don't you think?

32. Summer or winter? Winter. The heat and humidity of summer changes my personality -- not in a good way -- and I'm very heat-intolerant. Besides, winter clothing is more flattering.

33. Hugs or kisses? Both, please. Hee, I'm greedy. Actually, maybe I prefer hugs a wee bit more. Sometimes, they can say everything that kisses can, and more, and you have all that full-body contact as a bonus! From a child, a kiss is something they give me because I ask for it, but when they throw their arms around me and squeeze me into a wriggly little hug, it's so warm and happy and carefree, I feel like I'm a child again myself.

34. What is your favorite dessert? Warm pecan pie with vanilla ice cream; strawberry shortcake; carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. But sometimes, a simple sliced Asian pear also really hits the spot.

35. Living arrangements? 1.5-bedroom condo in a converted 1920s brick schoolhouse building.

36. What books are you reading? Atonement, by Ian McEwan; What's So Amazing About Grace?, by Philip Yancey; The Brothers Karamazov, by Fyodor Dostoyevsky.

37. What's on your mouse pad? No mouse pad -- I have a PowerBook trackpad, baby!

38. What did you watch last night on TV? "The Italian Job," via the DVD player.

39. Favorite smells? Fresh n' clean man; garlic cooking in a pan; kimchi jigae; the great outdoors.

40. Favorite junk food? Potato chips, or blue chips and fresh guacamole.

41. Rolling Stones or Beatles? The Who.

No comments: