Thursday, January 12

TO SEE ME IS TO LOVE ME . . .

Walking down the sidewalk this afternoon, I caught my heel in a dip in the sidewalk and nearly fell to the ground in a big, dramatic heap of hilarity. I employed a very neat recovery and raised both arms to the sky in triumph and drama. Both my companion and the random guy walking toward us burst out laughing. But what upset me most was not my aching ankle, nor the laughter ... but the fact that neither of them applauded!!!

Doesn't anyone applaud a really good trip anymore?!

***

FIT TO PRINT . . .

I'm not kidding you. I'm staring at the headline right now through the window of Starbucks. The second lead story in the local newspaper ... it reads:

"Town wants levy built."

And yes, they're talking about an embankment that would prevent the overflow of a river.

Interesting. Let me know how that works out for you.

No comments: