Monday, April 17

WRONG, WRONG, AND WRONG . . .

I become chilled to the bone when I read stuff like this: "God is killing soldiers, they say, because of America's unwillingness to condemn gay people and their lifestyles."

Let me just say right now: THIS IS WRONG. IT IS FALSE. IT IS UNTRUE. IT IS WRONG WRONG WRONG and WRONG. The people who stand by such a statement and profess Jesus Christ as their Savior are WRONG and FALSE and totally, utterly misguided.

God weeps, as do we, for each soldier killed, for He wishes them dead no more than their own family members do.

I, and my church -- for I feel completely confident in speaking for it -- SEPARATE OURSELVES from these people and this belief.

***

HIGHLIGHT OF THE DAY SO FAR . . .

I left my watch at Camp Capio last night after doing the dishes, so I swung by Camp earlier today to pick it up. The Noodles greeted me at the door and ran to me for hugs and kisses. MJ moved away pretty quickly and stood there pointing at me, hopping up and down, repeating "Aunt Cha Aunt Cha Aunt Cha Aunt Cha," with a goofy grin on his face. CA stayed with me, however, and leaned back so that she was cradled in the curve of my arms. Then she peered closely at my face, furrowed her brow, raised a pointer finger and indicated a red spot -- a slowly-healing pimple -- right below my lower lip.

"What's that?" she asked quizzically.
"Oh, did you find my pimple? I think it's a pimple," I replied.
CA nodded seriously. "Yeah. Pimple," she replied.
"Just you wait until you're older, CA," I said.
CA looked me straight in the eye, and still with a serious expression on her face, said, "Uh-oh."

***

I'VE SEEN IT ALL . . .

I pulled into the gym parking lot the other day, got out of my car and started walking towards the entrance. A guy stood outside the gym's front door, puffing on the last legs of his cigarette. As I got closer to the door, he took his last precious drag, then stomped out the butt of the cigarette. Then he went inside to start his workout.

God bless a balanced lifestyle.

***

HEARTACHE . . .

There's a nine-year-old girl at church who is already self-conscious about her weight. I wish I could do something about this, eradicate the self-consciousness and give full release and abandon to the miraculousness of her personality and self, so that she never ends up locked up in the cell that is slowly being built around her.

No comments: