Monday, May 15

AWE . . .

It's been years since I've been to the American Museum of Natural History. After sumptuous places like the Met and pristine places like MoMA, AMNH takes some getting used to. But it was mere moments before I was transported back to the wonder of my childhood. As an adult, i think, there is even more to wonder at. Things, nature, the universe, are not easily explained away as "magic," or "coolness," or "something I don't have to understand yet." No, I WANT to understand it all, and my mind is always blown by how I can't. This world, this universe, and everything in it is too grand, too intricate, too beautiful to grasp all at once. I hope I never lose my ability to wonder. I hope that's something I can pass on to multitudes of generations to come.

***

VROOM . . .

I'm a Ford Mustang!



You're an American classic -- fast, strong, and bold. You're not snobby or pretentious, but you have what it takes to give anyone a run for their money.


"Take the Which Sports Car Are You? quiz.



***

ALL OF IT . . .

I walked indoors earlier this afternoon while it was grey and misty outside. I walked out two hours later and it was sunny and glistening outside. I love that!

No comments: