Wednesday, May 10

A HAPPY NOTE . . .

I'm back on the workout wagon again. This means, once again, that every time I drive into the gym parking lot, I once again notice the one or two gym rats frantically sucking the last dregs out of their cigarettes, before stomping them out and entering the gym to start their workouts. I just don't know what to think. I have to laugh, and sort of strangely admire their perseverance. Is that what I should call it? I don't even know what to call it.

Anyhow. My body feels great. My muscles still have their memory. And the other day, one of the trainers came up to me while I was doing the weight-training circuit machines, and complimented my "perfect form." I'm not a gym rat, and I'm not normally vain, but forgive me while I GRIN.

***

A CURIOUS NOTE . . .

Imagine not having any concept of the future ... or money, or government, or politics, or national boundaries, or airplanes, or disease. The Nukak-Maku people of Columbia have lived like this ... and now about eighty of them have emerged from the jungle to join the modernized world.

WHAT?!?!?!

That just blows my mind. I read the article over and over again, each time imagining a new scenario -- scary, exciting, deathly, adventurous, downright odd. I am just full of wonder. Can someone remind me in ten years to look them up and see how they're doing?

***

A SICK NOTE . . .

Oh yes. No good deed goes unpunished. Every action has a reaction. Every behavior has a consequence.

I thought it was fortuitous timing, that I had gotten over a cold before I had to take care of a friend who came down with something even worse. Fortuitous at the time, paying for it now.

I feel like I've spent most of this calendar year sick or felled with some sort of mysterious ailment or ache. I long for optimum health. Actually, I long for a massage. Maybe my lymph nodes just need some nice kneading action to get the healthy blood flowing ...

Drippy. So, so drippy.

***

A MELANCHOLY NOTE . . .

I have much to think about. And on top of all that, I also have to think about whether to share the things I'm thinking about. When someone insists on complete honesty, I still wonder if they really mean it. SURELY, there are things they don't want to hear, right? Still ... I wonder how long I can keep these things inside me. Sigh. I was looking forward to so much, and none of it happened. Tomorrow, I will pick up where I left off and keep moving, but for now, for tonight, I think I'm going to wallow just a little bit, before I take a cold tablet and knock myself out.

No comments: