Tuesday, May 30

SMOLDERING . . .

I'm still slightly on fire.

The crankiness really is exacerbated by the fact that Ranger Jay is gone. In a care group of about eighteen people, he was one of my four anchors. My platform of sanity and security stood firm on four legs ... I'm teetering a bit now on just three. My three remaining anchors are strong, but it will take us all a while to find our balance again, I think.

Juice was here this weekend too. Sigh, I miss him already, and it's made worse by the fact that it was like he never left. Why do people say things like, "it's so clear to me that I belong here" ... but then leave?! Duh.

I'm trying not to dwell on all the other things too, the little, petty things that set me off, almost always unreasonably. It's important, I know, to remember that for everything that bugs me about someone else, I must annoy the heck out of people in my own special way. And still, my friends and family stick by me and tolerate me, and even LOVE me. It's the least I can do to get over myself ...

***

HOPE FADES . . .

Headlines that begin, "Hope fades ..." send such a chill through me. Hope is right now fading of finding survivors of the Indonesia earthquake. 5,700 dead and counting ... and what was the last number I heard? 200,000 and more without homes? I can't even conjure an image in my head of what that means or what it looks like.

I can't just sit around, and I hope you won't either. World Vision is on the front-lines of assistance and relief, as always. Join them in this, would you?

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. -- Romans 15:13

No comments: