Saturday, June 24

KIBBLES N' BITS . . .

Cheech is home! (And he's all growns up ...) I'm exceedingly happy and proud of him ... but why do I suddenly feel like a second-class citizen in my parents' house?

***

Alright, I gave into the hysteria and accompanied some NHF-ers to some mega-church in Queens to watch the Korea-Switzerland game this afternoon. Oy vey, everybody. I'm gratified because at least the New York Times World Cup blogger acknowledged that the referees robbed any chance Korea had of coming back to tie or win the match. ROBBED, I SAY.

***

A cousin is visiting from Korea for the next month and a half. In just two days, my own verbal Korean has improved in leaps and bounds. The brain is a wonderful thing.

***

Ahhhh, heartache. What is life without it? I should see it as a pathway to Jesus ... but for tonight, may I just wallow for a bit?

***

I ran over a raccoon tonight. I like to think it was the same raccoon that caused J2 to swerve and crash on the Parkway last week, and so I avenged their mishap. Go me and my super-hero car. (They have to get a MINIVAN because of that damn raccoon. A MINIVAN, I SAID.) I was going to try to avoid it myself, not because I wanted to save its life necessarily, but because I didn't want raccoon guts on my tires. But then I remembered what Ha told me her mom always said: "It's you or the animal. YOU or the ANIMAL."

Tonight, it was the animal.

***

It's late but I'm not tired. I won't be tired for a long time. I won't sleep much. And I'll be tired again tomorrow. But rest ... I just think rest is destined to elude me for a while. Along with some other things I would really like to have.

No comments: