Thursday, June 1

SAY WHAT?! . . .

My next-door neighbour is doing some major home improvement work -- construction, remodeling, plumbing and electric workers have been at it nonstop over there for about two and a half weeks now. Sometimes, the workers banter back and forth loudly enough so that I can hear their conversations if my windows are open. So far, they've talked about everything from gas prices to the war in Iraq to the weather to the 2008 presidential elections to the relationship between Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn. Yup, you haven't heard anything until you've heard a bunch of huge, brawny men in undershirts and tool belts debating whether Jennifer Aniston should have stayed with Brad Pitt, or if she's happier with Vince Vaughn. (So far, the consensus seems to be "go with Vince Vaughn, he's less of a pretty boy and I'd love to throw back a beer with him.")

But this morning, I was jarred awake by a loud screaming match. And I heard something no one ever wants to hear at a construction site, much less at your own home: "You cut the WRONG THING. That is the SECOND TIME that you cut the WRONG THING. You are ALWAYS F*CKING UP. How many more times are you going to F*CK UP on this PROJECT?!"

Yikes.

I hope they fixed it.

No comments: