Thursday, August 10


BLING . . .

I'm not a fan of the diamond engagement ring. I think I can appreciate the beauty (and even size? Although I think there is a point at which a really large diamond is just ... shiny) of my friends' engagement rings, but when I think about if and when I become engaged to be married, I just think don't a diamond would suit me. I'm just not a shiny kind of girl.

But this tromp l'oeil ring, by Edouard Larmaraud, does catch my eye, with its simplicity, and clean modern lines. What a hoot -- to enlarge a teeny diamond with a big hunk of glass! I just love how it slaps you right in the face with what is a reality for so many women -- the deep, bizarre desire to wear a huge diamond ring. "There!", this says, "here's your big fat diamond! (You just have to look at it through the glass first. Hee.)"

No comments: