Thursday, February 1

AFRAID TO SLEEP . . .

There are things that happen in my sleep that I don't fully understand and never have. I am receiving pretty solid guidance and assurance about what exactly is happening and why, and why I should consider it a gift for which to be thankful ... but it is taking me a while to come to peaceful terms with this "gift." (It's like tonight's episode of "Grey's Anatomy": not everything that is apparently a gift feels like a gift.)

But lately, every time I close my eyes, whether to nap or sleep or doze or even to rest my eyes, I see the same person, the same people behind my eyelids. Nothing's happening with or to them, there's no action in what I see; I just see them. And I don't know what to do. Should I help them? Should I talk to them? Should I reach out to them somehow? What am I supposed to do about them, for them, to them, with them? And why them? I hardly even know them!

It's such a curious thing. It makes me wake myself up in the middle of the night, and lately, I just don't want to even go to sleep, for fear ... well, fear isn't the right word either. I just don't want to sleep because I just don't know.

Anyhow.

This afternoon, I had a conversation with a Randy Random and it made me think so fondly of these folks:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ChaEsq, that is me, telling you to make me a peanut butter sandwich. :P

ChaEsq said...

Ha-ha-ha, that is hilarious! Imagine if it was? What if every night, I dreamt of someone wanting me to make him or her a sandwich? Oh, the horror! I hope you like crunchy, that's all I've got.

Anonymous said...

I *love* crunchy. I'll see you tonight!