Saturday, July 7

GOOD PEOPLE . . .

My faith in humanity got a big, fat, superhuman boost tonight, and I am convinced -- CONVINCED -- that I am surrounded by good people.

And one of them is DYC.

DYC, who was going to provide me with some emergency information that I needed to complete a personal project.

DYC, who offered to drive 30 minutes to his office on a Saturday night that he should have been spending in quiet relaxation with his wife, so that he could obtain this information for me.

DYC, who -- along with his angelic wife, by the way -- decided to see a movie near his office SO THAT they could drive to his office to obtain this information for me.

DYC, who ran around his office (and the offices of his colleagues -- eep!) looking for this information.

DYC who, unable to find this information in his or his colleagues' offices, called me while then running to meet his angelic wife in the movie theater.

DYC, who then continued to give me options regarding how he could obtain this information for me, including (1) "I'll go back to the office after the movie (which ends after midnight) to continue my search for this information;" (2) "You email me more details about the information you need, and I'll do the work of getting it and sending it back to you in more complete form;" and (3) "I'll let you into my office anytime you want, tonight or tomorrow morning, so you can obtain the information yourself using my resources."

DYC, who has now promised to meet me at 8.30 on a summer Sunday morning at his office, so that he can let me into it and give me access to key resources for a couple of hours.

Yup. That DYC ... the Y doesn't stand for anything, but he's still good people.

No comments: