Saturday, October 11

QUICKIE . . .

Just a few quick things while I wait for the pins n' needles in my left foot to go away:

1. Please read Margaret's blog entry for today.

2. A female Iranian attorney Shirin Ebadi, a human rights advocate, has been awarded the 2003 Nobel Peace Prize. Cool. Interesting. Unexpected. Read about it.

3. Yanks are up, 2-1 in the series. YOU KNOW IT, BABY!!! Tomorrow night, C's house might just fall down with the amount of excitement and adrenaline coursing through my body alone, and the sheer volume being emitted from my mouth alone! Combine me with all the other non-fan fans in the room, and . . . well, let me just apologize in advance to M and her as-yet-in-utero Noodles for causing them agita. But really, it's never too early for those kids to learn who to root for, especially if Auntie Me has anything to say about it . . .

4. I have to emphasize again how cool my friends are and how much I love them with my whole heart. I name them, in no particular order, and these especially, simply because I heard from them or saw them or just had a really good time with them most recently. C, M, J2, Dr.G, Mrs.G, JC, JW, the Chief of Staff, Banana, DYC. Some are closer to me than others; some I've known longer than others; some I see more than others; some know me better than others. Each friendship is different in its context, its intensity, its meaning, its root, its content. What they each contribute so generously and so consistently to my life is so varied. But they are so special, so important, so integral to me and who I am, and my love for them is boundless. You wish you had friends like mine.

No comments: