Saturday, November 29

THANKSGIVING WEEKEND 2003 HIGHLIGHTS . . .

A cozy dinner and coffee in the city, a leisurely drive back up to home, and the luxury of time and space.

Having my hair "styled" ... again ... by my two 6-year-old cousins. There's nothing like getting your hair "combed" and "brushed" and then "pinned up" by two young "hairstylists," and then being declared "beautiful" by said "stylists." Note my prodigious use of quotation marks.

Driving back the 1.5-hour length from my cousin's place in New Jersey with my parents and brother ... all of whom are dead asleep. So much for having a front-seat wingman. My clan loves to sleep far too much.

Watching "Bend It Like Beckham" at J2. My favorite line: "One of my creations will turn even these two mosquito bites into juicy juicy mangoes!" Hey! You talkin' to ME?!

Discovering, courtesy of my oil change/wheel alignment guy, that I've been driving around for a few weeks with only TWO lug-nuts in one of my tires. Those bastards that changed my flat tire a few weeks ago FAILED to screw in the other four. Jerks.

Playing games at Camp Capio. Note to self: never ever play any games -- board or video -- with C again unless I am as drunk as he is and can get all up in his business as loudly and as obnoxiously as he gets all up in mine. Another note to self: don't bonk MJ's little 6-week-old head against the table in the heat of the moment of Cranium. It's not his fault my team lost. Good thing he takes after his father and can sleep through anything ...

Brunch in the city with my L.O.L. and a shopping spree at Williams-Sonoma. Sheesh. I am merely preparing for my new life as the queen of my own kitchen.

Clearing out our kitchen for the start of Phase Two of home renovations, commencing today. There was lots of "What the heck is THIS and how OLD is it?!" going around.

Speed-shopping with Cheech. Man, we hate holiday shopping.

Waking up bleary and still full this morning. Where did the weekend go? And where did this double chin come from?!

No comments: