Tuesday, December 16

MORE ABOUT ME . . .

Yesterday in the mail, I received a gift for American Express Blue members: a set of appointment calendars -- a little pocket one and a big desktop version. They are NICE. Smooth suede-ish light grey covers with my monogram printed in the lower right-hand corner. Groovy and shimmery swirly-blue inside covers. Chock-full of random information like time zones, Western and Eastern zodiacs, weights & measures, airplane flight times between major cities, average temperatures in world cities, currency conversions, beer and wine definitions. Nice big spaces in which to write the day's appointments.

I love this stuff.

I love new calendars. Breaking the bindings, flipping through the clean, as-yet-unmarked pages, seeing what days holidays and birthday fall upon (Christmas is on a Saturday in 2004, meaning no extra day off for us working schlubs!). Writing my vital information (name and cell phone number only, thanks, although there are spaces for my SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER ... as if!) on the first page. Filling in my family and friends' birthdays and anniversaries, and marking court closures, all in different colored ink, natch. Entering my important anniversaries and friends' phone numbers in the back. When I go home this evening, I'll do the same in my large desktop version.

Seriously. Nothing satisfies a busy type-A soul like a new calendar. Thank you, American Express Blue.

No comments: