Tuesday, June 8

STEP BY STEP . . .

(That reminds me of a praise song we sang obsessively during my first IVCF New York City Urban Project: "And step by step You'll lead me ... and I will follow You all of my days.")

Tonight, before and after a quickie Blue Pig ice cream run with the Noodles' parents, I organized my office. Well, I organized the important parts of my office: my desk, my financial files, and my filing cabinet. I am such a nerd. My books and knick-knacks still lie packed away in boxes. I have no idea where I'm going to put them, but the boxes look much neater closed and taped up than open and spewed forth. But step by step ...

My kitchen is largely organized as well. Of course, in the middle of preparing my first dinner at home, I realized: I have no knives. Aside from four butter knives, I have nothing of any sharp worth at all. Another thing to put on the list ...

For some reason, though, my clothes still are spilling out of boxes and a suitcase. I hate hotel living ... I don't know why I can't bring myself to unpack and put clothes away ...

***

FRIVOLITIES . . .

Stupid and not-so-stupid movies I want to see: "Saved," "Dodgeball," "Mean Girls," "The Stepford Wives," "The Terminal" and "Fahrenheit 9/11."

Bad television I got sucked into tonight: Bravo's "Blow Out," a reality series about a hairstylist-to-the-stars opening his own salon.

Good television I'm watching now: "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy." I love it when the straight guy gets all emotional about his transformation and tells the Fab Five he loves them.

Books I need to read when I'm sick of cleaning and organizing my home: "Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim," by David Sedaris; "Anna Karenina," by Leo Tolstoy (again); "My Life," by Bill Clinton.

No comments: