Saturday, January 22

THERE IS NO SNOW . . .

After waking this morning to take a phone call, I drifted back to take a nap and during this nap, I had the best dream ev-ah. It was so ... lovely and (no, no, it wasn't sexual, relax) romantic and sweet and heart-warming. Yes, I know it probably only lasted about three minutes, but those three minutes of dreaming ... it was the kind of dream that I want to think about all day long because it made me feel so loved.

***

I groused to The Gang last night about how I think it's so stupid that people hear "snow" in the forecast and promptly rush to the grocery stores to stock up on food and water. What, do people not keep food and water at home? Can you not drink FAUCET water? Sheesh.

But then of course, this morning, I went to the grocery store myself.

In my defense, I bought not a single bottle of water. Instead, I stocked up on schnacky comfort foods, like Stove-Top Stuffing and clementines, and a steak for tonight's snow-bound dinner. So there. I'm not a big dork like everyone else out there.

***

Alright, so it's snowing. I didn't think this would really happen. As per usual, I expected lots o' hype, little action. But Craig Allen of WCBS news proved to be correct, for once. It's a light but driving snow. I still fully expect that it will sprinkle thus for about two hours, then stop. Then we'll all feel like fools. And then JKA will call me to come over and play Scrabble and eat cookies, and I'll have to rush because I still will not have showered or gotten fully dressed.

Seriously. There is no snow.

No comments: