Friday, November 18

FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS . . .

It's hard to these days, but I'm trying. Thanks to Sandra for another list -- dang, I love these lists even if I'm not in the mood for them -- and a reason to think upon Him once more.

10 Things I'm Grateful For That Reveal Me at My Shallow Worst
1. Crepes.
2. J.Crew jeans.
3. Bob, my G4 laptop, and Herb, my old-school iPod.
4. The Container Store.
5. Josh Holloway, a/k/a "Sawyer," on "Lost."
6. Whole Foods Market.
7. Coffee.
8. Google.com.
9. Good Girl, my bumpy, trucky, dirty, bare-bones, totally non-luxurious, dented, scratched, gear-hauling, friend-toting, too-big-for-me 4Runner.
10. Pretty underwear.

10 Things I'm Genuinely Grateful For
1. Friendship. No, really.
2. The way God has been moving in, working in, transforming NHF.
3. Shelter, food, provisions.
4. The skills, talents, quirks, weirdnesses, abilities that I've been given that make me me and make me able to share me.
5. My parents, Gran, Cheech.
6. The United States of America. No, really.
7. Camp of recovery, "Lost," movies, crepes, and naps.
8. The fact that I am surrounded, even when I foolishly feel lonely, by people who love me, encourage me, consider me, lift me up, make me laugh, pray for me, look after me, take care of me, care for me, sustain me and look upon my far more generously than I can ever look upon myself.
9. Memories.
10. Music.

No comments: