Saturday, January 28

AROMATIC . . .

Every once in a while, I receive a compliment on my perfume of choice. I wonder what they'll say today.

In about four hours, I'll be arriving at S's wedding. I'm mildly excited for it now, because of all the people I know, S deserves this happiness and blessing the most, and I couldn't be more thrilled and honored to spend this special evening with him and his wife-to-be. Plus, there's the added bonus of seeing Flacon in a green-checkered tuxedo vest and tie -- two items that never existed even in the horrible depths of his imagination before this wedding rolled around. "What happened to simple black tie?" he keeps asking.

But more importantly and horrifically ... my hands smell like freshly-minced garlic and spicy andouille sausage.

SEXY.

I mean, you just don't get between a girl and her craving for a hearty pasta lunch, you know? But already, even though the pasta is merely boiling on the stove, I am experiencing some regret over my choice of meal. It's bad enough that I'm feeling slightly flabby despite a return to my regular workout routine -- what the additional salt and spice might do to me, I have no idea. It's bad enough that I'm looking in the mirror and asking myself, "do I really look that dull-complexioned?" It's bad enough that I'm wondering exactly how pale I'll look in the black dress and shoes I'm planning on wearing this evening. It's bad enough that the dress doesn't really allow for all that much pasta-related bloating. It's bad enough that my hair is in that awkward stage where I can't leave it down and I can't put it up, so I have no idea what I'm going to do with it tonight in order to not have to think about it.

But now. Now, my body shall smell like garlic and andouille sausge.

I know there will be some who will catch a whiff of me and think, "oh yum, pasta." But I mostly dread the occasional whiffer who will think, "what happened to HER?!"

Oh well. Pasta's done. Gotta eat.

(Update: I ate the pasta. It was good. Really good. So good you're wanting some. But now my breath smells like garlic and sausage too. That's NOT good.)

No comments: