Thursday, March 16

SENDING THEM FORTH . . .

Two more of our baby doctors found out this morning that they'll be leaving us come June and heading to their respective residency programs. (Watch out, Maryland; beware, SoCal!)

Sigh.

Is this what parents feel like when their kids graduate high school and go off to college? Don't I just want to keep them snuggled up, right next to me ...

***

UNCOOPERATIVE . . .

Made a cheesecake today for dinner with the L.O.L.'s tomorrow evening. Damn thing cracked all over the top of its middle section. And I think I need new or additional lighting in my kitchen: I couldn't tell exactly how "lightly browned" the top of the damn thing was, so I let it sit in the oven some more. Now, it's a little more than "lightly browned" and it might end up being more cakey than cheesy.

Good thing we're not exactly the slice-n-serve kind of gals -- that only creates more dishes to wash. Better to eat right out of the pan.

***

CHARACTER . . .

Understood: saying, "S/he knows I'm just kidding" and "S/he knows I love him/her" does not make a joke or teasing right, funnier or less hurtful.

Resolved: I will try harder not to encourage or laugh at an unfunny joke made at someone's expense. I will try harder to stand up for the person being backhandedly teased. I will try harder to stand up for myself when I am made the butt of someone's tasteless teasing.

No comments: