Thursday, July 20

YAWWWWN . . .

This is the earliest I've gone to bed in ... months ... and of course, I'm not sleepy anymore, even though I'm technically running on fumes. I'm too excited for the Women's Conference in D.C. ... I'm too excited by feeling God's presence hovering over my bed like the warmest comforter in the world ... I'm too excited by envisioning the Spirit moving over our cars tomorrow morning like a low-lying, heavy fortress of a cloud ... I'm too excited about everything!!!

Too excited to sleep, never too excited for a meme. Cheers, TinyCricket, I'll miss you this weekend.

Accent:
I can't tell, hearing myself, but people have said to me: "Are you a Valley Girl?" "You sound like Akeelah" and "That is sooooo Westchester!" When I speak Korean, I'm North Korean all the way.

Bible Book That I Like:
Right now, Genesis is making me fire on all cylinders.

Chore That I Don't Care For:
Cleaning the bathroom. If I didn't have people over all the time, I'd NEVER clean it. I mean it -- NEVER.

Dog or Cat:
All cats are evil and they want to bite my ankles and claw my eyes out. I like dogs. Big dogs that don't hiss at me.

Essential Electronics:
Bob, Herb, and my coffee-maker.

Favorite Cologne:
I like my men cologne-free.

Gold or Silver:
Silver, and the chunkier the better.

Handbag I Carry Most Often:
The Coach bag I got in L.A. with Ha.

Insomnia:
Chronic.

Job Title:
By vocation, attorney, but in reality, NHF lackey. Can someone please tell me why I'm not on payroll?

Kids:
My own, I'm praying for them. Until then, I'm keeping myself busy by tormenting my friends' anklebiters. (And yes, one of them DID bite my ankle once. Grrrr.)

Living Arrangements:
1.5-bedroom condo with four plants, a constant rotation of friends, and a special B.

Most Admirable Trait:
In others, compassion. I covet the compassion that others are able to possess and show to people around them. I've been told that I'm a good listener and that I have an endless heart for people and justice, but really, I think I'm merely organized and neat.

Naughtiest Childhood Behavior:
Being a smarty-pants in class, in both the smart-ass way and the know-it-all way. Teachers could never decide if they loved or hated me.

Overnight Hospital Stay:
When I got my appendix taken out. And then I was such a belligerent patient ("Why CAN'T I have a cheeseburger? I'm HUNGRY!!!!" and "I don't WANT to pee in a bedpan, I WANT to GO to the TOILET" stick out memorably in my mind.), that the staff was MORE than happy to discharge me a day early.

Phobias:
Clowns, deep water, and being left alone.

Quote:
"Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord." -- Ps. 31:24
OR
"Quiet, you."

Religion:
Evangelical Christian

Siblings:
A younger brother.

Time I Wake Up:
It depends when I go to sleep ... if I go to sleep ...

Unusual Talent or Skill:
I can really, REALLY multi-task. I also read and type unnaturally quickly. And someone once told me, "I didn't know Asian women could drive SUVs," so does that count, that I can and do?

Vegetable I Refuse to Eat:
Cauliflower. There is just nothing good about it.

Worst Habit:
Picking my lower lip, sometimes until it bleeds. That, and not paying for parking.

X-rays:
My teeth. My knees. My innards. Honestly, I want to go through an MRI machine, but I hear they're expensive. They just sound so relaxing ...

Yummy Stuff I Cook:
Pecan pie ... cranberry-toffee-chocolate-oatmeal cookies ... spaghetti with spicy and thick red sauce ... jap-chae ... a pot of real tasty coffee ... meatloaf ... any Korean dish Omma taught me to make ...

Zoo Animal I Like Most:
The penguin.

No comments: