Friday, April 13

BITE OF THE APPLE . . .

Talking with B last night, we came to the realization that I've been a Mac-head since 7th grade, when I got my first computer, a Macintosh SE. Dang, that thing was a BLOCK of computer. When I headed off to college, I left the block behind for Cheech and moved onto a Macintosh LC II. Oh yeah, that was good times. That thing got my through my senior thesis, typed by candlelight to a variety of Windham Hill tunes. Those were the days.

And now, after a 3-year void which I like to call "The Dark Years of Dell," I'm back to Mac, and looking forward to June 2007. At Worldwide Developers Conference, they are going to (because I will it to be so) release the NEW 12" MACBOOKPRO. The super-slim, super-mini, super-light upgrade of my beloved Bob. I can't wait. I'm saving my money starting YESTERDAY.

Chomp-chomp. I can't stop biting.

***

EATING REDUX . . .

Yeah, I think I did this one already, but I'm just getting back online and feeling lazy. Enjoy, and spread it around. And can I just disclaim: all these lists seek that single answer. But me, sometimes I just can't decide. It's food! Why limit me?!

FIFTY FAVORITE FOODS

1. FAVORITE MAIN ENTREE: A small steak, medium-rare.

2. FAVORITE SALAD: I like to think I'm all adventurous and high-brow, but sometimes, nothing hits the spot like a good Caesar salad, or just some romaine, carrots and red onions tossed in my mom's Korean-style spicy dressing.

3. FAVORITE SOUP: American = split-pea with ham; Korean = spicy soon-dubu jigae.

4. FAVORITE APPETIZER: Pigs-in-a-blanket; Charlie's dates wrapped in bacon; hot spinahc-artichoke dip.

5. FAVORITE DESSERT: a few bites of a really creamy fruit tart (without all the weird gel on top) or soft carrot cake.

6. FAVORITE FRUIT: Watermelon; Asian pear.

7. FAVORITE VEGETABLE: Spinach.

8. FAVORITE SASHIMI: I never liked sashimi until I had that piece of melt-in-my-mouth salmon in Whistler. If I can't have that, I don't want any sashimi at all.

9. FAVORITE SUSHI ROLL: Everyone calls it something different: spicy tuna or salmon with some crunchy tempura bits, avocado, cucumber, rolled in a wee bit of tobiko.

10. FAVORITE SODA: 7-Up.

11. FAVORITE NON-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE: Room-temperature water.

12. FAVORITE ALCOHOLIC SHOT: It's been so long, I don't even remember what I used to like.

13. FAVORITE ALCOHOLIC DRINK: I used to have a lot of favorites, but nowadays, it's one glass of good Shiraz with good friends.

14. FAVORITE CAKE: Carrot cake; old-school Carvel ice-cream cake with the chocolate crunchies.

15. FAVORITE PIE: Key-lime pie.

16. FAVORITE ICE CREAM: I'm sad that my belly doesn't enjoy the dairy product, but when I feel like risking it, it's Double Rainbow Coffee Blast all the way.

17. FAVORITE MILKSHAKE: The Broadway shake, from Tom's Diner (half-chocolate ice cream, half-coffee ice cream, with coffee syrup).

18. FAVORITE CUT OF BEEF: I don't really know my cuts of beef, but the rib-eye at Fleming's was awfully juicy.

19. FAVORITE CUISINE: Korean.

20. FAVORITE PART OF CHICKEN: I don't really enjoy the poultry product, but when I have to be polite and eat, I choose dark meat, wherever that is.

21. FAVORITE FRIED FOOD: French fries; fried shrimp; funnel cake.

22. FAVORITE COOKIE: A simple sugar cookie.

23. FAVORITE INDIAN CURRY: Does masala count?

24. FAVORITE GUM: I don't chew gum.

25. FAVORITE CANDY: I don't eat candy.

26. FAVORITE CREPE: Home-made, with Nutella and sliced bananas.

27. FAVORITE SANDWICH: Chicken-salad, bacon, spinach leaves, sprouts, honey-mustard in a spinach wrap.

28. FAVORITE PIZZA: I don't normally like pizza but once in a while, I have a craving for spinach-topped with extra salt and red pepper flakes. Thin crust, of course.

29. FAVORITE MEXICAN DISH: Fish taco, or carnitas burrito with extra jalapeno peppers and guacamole.

30. FAVORITE VIETNAMESE DISH: Thit xao xa ot (sauteed sliced pork with peppers and onion in lemongrass & chili sauce).

31. FAVORITE KOREAN DISH: soon-dubu jigae with beef; Omma's kimchi-jigae.

32. FAVORITE CHINESE DISH: Double-sauteed shredded pork, with vegetables, Szechuan style.

33. FAVORITE FILIPINO DISH: Those mini-eggrolls, and the cassava-root cake.

34. FAVORITE SOUTHERN FOOD: Dry-rubbed ribs with a side of collared greens & sweet-potato fries.

35. FAVORITE INSTANT NOODLES BRAND: Shin-Ramen.

36. FAVORITE JUICE: V-8 Splash: Tropical Blend.

37. FAVORITE SNACK FOOD: Lay's potato chips.

38. FAVORITE FISH: I'm not much of a fish eater, so ... does a McDonald's Filet o'Fish sandwich count?

39. FAVORITE CEREAL: Special K with red berries.

40. FAVORITE PHO: I don't eat pho enough to have a favorite.

41. FAVORITE BREAKFAST FOOD: Eggs Benedict.

42. FAVORITE FRENCH FOOD: Beef Wellington.

43. FAVORITE McDONALD'S FOOD: The french fries!

44. FAVORITE PASTA DISH: Linguine with white clam sauce.

45. FAVORITE BREAD: I don't like bread.

46. FAVORITE TEA: Korean bo-ree-cha.

47. FAVORITE 7-11 SLURPEE FLAVOR: I don't like Slurpees.

48. FAVORITE HERSHEY'S KISS: I don't like Hershey's Kisses.

49. FAVORITE FLAVOR OF M&Ms: I don't like M&Ms, although I used to eat Peanut M&Ms for energy and a sugar boost.

50. FAVORITE CANDY BAR: I don't eat candy bars.

No comments: